Sunday, March 13, 2011

photos from the trip

I really didn't take that many photos. I only had my camera with me on Sunday and took the more "tourist-y" photos. But I'll share them anyway, because some are pretty good (if I do say so myself and I just did.)

Sami makes dreams come true on these trips, and whenever we head south I enjoy my Krystal chicks and corn pups.


We took a trolley tour (via a bus because the trolley intercom system went out) which started on Broadway.


On the tour we saw Centennial Park and the Parthenon.




The tour started and ended in front of the Hard Rock Cafe. The gift shop is a Registered Historic Place, because of its Silver Dollar floor. And I liked the inside of the door.



After we did some shopping, Sami wanted to walk across the Pedestrian bridge. She thought she was headed the right way, but we ended up at the old Train Station instead. I was fine with that, because I would not have made it across or even onto the bridge.


We ate dinner at Swett's, a Southern food cafeteria style restaurant. I had the Country Fried Steak, with mashed potatoes, macaroni and cheese and the fried corn bread. I like regular corn bread.


Then we discovered (or rather Bernard discovered) the middle row was not really attached on one side. Sami was able to fix it, but this was the first (failed) attempt before the Prayer Tour. Needless to say there were lots of prayers said and here's a tip: don't try to fix a seat in a a15-passenger van at night. It's pointless, because you can't see anything. We had to remove the row behind it to finally fix it. She did it in the daylight in about five minutes. I would say I helped, but I really didn't do much. She's a pro at those seats.


This is Josh, trying to get out of the way, so she could attempt to fix it.

No comments:

Post a Comment