Saturday, March 26, 2011

green thumb

green thumb

noun
An extraordinary ability to make plants grow well.

I am pretty good at growing plants. I have been known to revive dead plants, and outside the plants do very well. However, when it comes to indoor plants, I'm not good.

I don't understand. I kill cactus. My jade plants don't grow straight. One of my African Violets kicked the bucket (although that might have been because of all the moving it did, and then I over potted it meaning they like to be a little root bound and I re-potted it into a container that was too big). Our palm died and so did the spider plant. I have never been good at keeping anything alive indoors.

I find it ironic that I can grow plants outside to an extraordinary ability, yet inside my skills suffer. I think it has to do with the amount of water I give them. Outside, I let nature/God take care of them (I can tell when they do need to be watered outside), inside I either over-water them or under-water them. I can't find a happy medium.

So, if you want to share some of my plants, we can divide anything outside and I promise it will do well. But if it has to be inside... well that's a different matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment