Monday, March 7, 2011

Monday in Nashville

We did everything I said we were going to, yesterday. We even got a stop in at Krystal so I could have my Krystal chick and corn pup. Fantastic!! The Brentwood UMC had the Mercer College choir visiting, they started the service with the most beautiful song I have ever heard. It sounded like they were singing in Latin or it was like an African song. It was wonderful.

We started with CSM (Center for Student Missions) last evening. We ate dinner at a local Southern food restaurant. We could pick one meat and two sides. I had Country Fried Steak, mashed potatoes and macaroni and cheese. It was delicious. Then we took a prayer tour of the city.

I can't really describe the prayer tour. We go to different parts of the city and hear the most recent statistics about the different cultures that make up the city. We also stop at various places and pray. We saw a couple of the sites where we'll be working this week. Probably the most interesting part was when we stopped in front of the brand new Titans stadium. Across the street is the Juvenile Center. What a contrast, with so many similarities. She asked where we thought Jesus would be, and most of us said or thought in front of the Juvenile Center. She said that he would be in the middle. We then got out and laid down on the cold concrete sidewalk to pray for the youth. That was an exercise. Cars drove by. We were uncomfortable (we were supposed to lay there until we felt comfortable). It was cold. It was hard. That is how a homeless person feels every night they sleep out on the street.

Today we're going to do foot washing, work at a soup kitchen for lunch, go to a new Family Health Center and make dinner and eat with a homeless community who live in a parsonage. There will be 17 people that we feed.

I have to go charge my computer now, finish my breakfast, make my lunch and get ready for the devotions. Pray for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment