Sunday, March 6, 2011

Sunday in Nashville

We made it to Nashville yesterday by 3:30pm, local time. We stopped at three McDonald's in search for Shamrock Shakes, and Sami called three. We struck out each and every time. It's our mission to find one because Jen has never had one. Now we must find her one. Dreams come true on these trips. (We're even going to stop and buy some Ale 8 for Tricia on our way back home, as long as we remember!)

In fact, we stopped and saw my sister on our way! I forgot an umbrella and since we were passing right by the exit where the mall is, and we needed a pee break, we stopped! It was fun to surprise her. And I bought an umbrella. I may not need it now, but it was raining the entire way down.

We went to a place called Wild Horses for dinner. It's downtown and is a three-story restaurant/bar. No drinking, of course, on this trip. But there was line dancing. And lots of photos with all the wild horses posed around the restaurant. Of course I didn't have my camera. I found it this morning, so I'll take photos today.

We stayed with Sami's friend, Erin. She's an Associate Congregational Care Pastor at a mega-church here in Nashville. We're going to one of their services this morning. Then we'll have lunch and take a trolley tour. If it's not raining we'll walk around before heading over to our CSM site.

I'm hoping for a Krystal chick and corn pup. (I'll explain later, I'm in a small rush to get ready to leave for church and get the can packed).

No comments:

Post a Comment