Wednesday, January 19, 2011

10,000 steps

I finally wore my pedometer to do my shopping and for our walk. Of course I'm trying to walk 10,000 steps which is not that easy. Even with our walk, the most steps I've taken in one day was around 8,000. Today, with the shopping, I've already taken 8,000. Maybe today is the day I'll finally reach 10,000! I hope so.

I discovered what I had guessed and that is that I do in fact walk one mile. That is from my far away parking spot and through the store. woo hoo!! Honestly today I parked a little closer because the parking lots are so icy. And you couldn't really tell where the parking spaces were because snow had already covered up the lines.

Bill and I are doing really well at keeping up with walking three times a week at the mall. We figured out two miles inside is fifteen laps. It's very repetitive, but only doing it three times a week seems to help. Six more weeks (March 1st is always my goal to get back outside).

No comments:

Post a Comment