Tuesday, January 25, 2011

trying something new

I have started using a well-known facial cleanser. I finally decided at 33 years old I didn't want anymore acne. This product promises to get rid of it once and for all. Or so I thought it claimed. I've been using it for almost two weeks and I've had four more zits show up plus the fact that if used as recommended (twice daily) I would look more like a snake shedding its skin than a human. It dries out my skin so bad. I knew that, fortunately, because a friend of mine uses it and she warned me that it might do that. It also dries out her skin if she uses it twice daily. Maybe I had my hopes set high with clear skin instantly. But if my skin hasn't started to clear up soon (instead of getting more zits) I may go back to my old skin care routine. I can handle the occasional pimple especially since the former skin care products didn't dry out my skin and I was able to wash my face two times a day.

3 comments:

  1. What are you using? If you don't want to post it here, text me. You know what I use and I wouldn't use anything else...I'm pretty happy with my skin, though, I don't think any of us can escape the occasional zit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Proactive? It actually works, just have to give it a good 6-8 wees. I used it for years.....I only use it at night, though, because it is too drying during the day. In the AM, I use CeraVe, which you can find at Walgreens and is excellent. Also, make sure you use the face mask, it DOES help...right now, though, all the toxins are leaving your skin. I also take at least 2000mg of omega-3 a day, which is awesome for the skin. Barely get breakouts. PS - love the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heather: Kelly is correct! I'm using Proactive. I guess I have to give it more time. Clinique worked, but my skin was never completely clear. *sigh* I thought it should be by now! ;)

    ReplyDelete