Tuesday, January 18, 2011

cold winter's night

This is the kind of shoveling I don't like. Back-breaking snow/ice. yuck! I tried to shovel it while it was still warm out, because of course the weather people are all saying it's going to get cold. What they don't know is when the temperature is going to start falling. I chipped, dug and beat the snow with the shovel for an hour. By that point I had only finished the sidewalk and a very small part of the driveway. I gave up. I sprinkled the rest of the salt we had from last year and said a prayer that it would work.

Then, two hours later, I ran to the bank. When I got home I discovered the melting ice was finally detaching itself from the surface of the driveway. Hoorah! It was still "warm" out. I grabbed the shovel again and started scooping the melting snow/ice mixture. Since I was not really prepared to do this again, I only worked at it for a half an hour.

Needless to say, I'm already sore. I'm very hungry too because I most definitely burned 600 calories today (400/hour shoveling snow). This snow was heavy and difficult to remove. I'm still cold, so I'm going to call my bff Heather and snuggle up under the giant green blanket omg-it's-Eddie gave me for my 30th birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment