Monday, January 17, 2011

home made pizza

Last week I made homemade pizza dough and sauce, then I had pizza for dinner that night. My favorite and typical toppings are; tomatoes, bacon and cheese. The last time I made pizza dough was with Skylar (click here to read about that) and I did not check the temperature of the warm water before I added the yeast. This time I did, and that made all the difference. This time when I kneaded it, I could tell that it was "right". That was a zen-like experience for me. I really do enjoy the homemade dishes and the extra work that goes into them. I can taste it.














I have yet to try a pie, in my new pie roller thingy that Shannon gave me, but I know when I do it's going to be perfect. The only reason I'm waiting is because it's not really "pie-baking" season. I want some good, fresh local apples to bake. Or at least some blueberries. Hm, I froze a lot of blueberries last summer, I wonder if I have enough to make a pie? If I do, you'll be sure to know about it because there will be a post!

No comments:

Post a Comment