Wednesday, January 12, 2011

my journey so far

It's been just over a month since I started this journey of blogging every day for one year. I have tried very hard to make this different from my journal and think I have done so successfully. I am confident that I can continue this goal while continuing to journal.

My journaling has not always been consistent. Every year I would make it a New Year's resolution to write in my journal every night. By January 2nd of every year I had already broken that resolution. Then last year, during a visit with the Cool Cats, I had to update my "personal goal". This is something they do every week which I find amazing; I was visiting the classroom during that time of sharing and they asked me to join them by coming up with my own personal goal. Of course I couldn't say no. It was November, so I started with writing down three things to be thankful for every day. Two weeks later I chose to maintain that goal. It was after Thanksgiving that I decided to try writing in my journal every day as a new goal. The class was shocked! They keep a journal and write in it every day, they couldn't fathom that I had to make that a goal. But I did and I achieved it. Actually, not only did I achieve it, but I have continued it. I realized it doesn't have to be much, just a brief summary of what I did that day. That is where my journal and blog differ. I don't write in my blog about working, yoga, and who I talked to on the phone. I use this as my space for my random thoughts, meals I am proud of and whatever else I like to talk about.

There you have it. The difference between my journal entries and my blog entries. Can you tell I'm running low on things to write about?!

No comments:

Post a Comment