Thursday, January 6, 2011

shower curtains

Yup, shower curtains. I should be more specific and say shower curtain liners. I used to buy the plastic/vinyl liners and once they got moldy, that was the end of them. I would go buy another liner which had the same result. In the six years of buying shower curtain liners, I bet we went through at least a dozen. Shortly after we moved here, and I had thrown yet another two in the trash (our tub here needs two because it is exposed on the end and the side), I read that nylon shower curtains are better. You know, the kind hotels use. First, you can wash them. Second, because they're nylon, they resist mold. I decided to look for them in the store. I really wanted a change, because I hated throwing all that plastic away.

I did not find nylon liners, but I did find 100% polyester liners. They have held up through many washes and while they still can get a little mold on them (only in the summer months when it's humid all the time and the fan doesn't get turned on in the bathroom) I just throw them in the wash with a little bleach and presto! Clean. No throwing them in the trash. No more waste. These two liners that we have have been in use for four years. And they are showing no sign of wear!

And as one friend said when she came to visit, "they make the shower feel so much more luxurious." Huh! Who knew?

No comments:

Post a Comment