Wednesday, January 11, 2012

still on time

For you, dear readers back east, I'm still blogging once a day. I'm barely getting them written and posted in (Eastern) time. But out here, I still have a couple of hours.

Today, Bill and I left while Judy was out. We went and picked up Peggy at the airport (that's his sister). She was also surprising Judy. Peggy and Don planned this first, then Peggy told Bill we needed to come out here too. Our schedules allowed us to get here first while her schedule did not.

I digress. We left the house under the pretense that we were going to get the groceries needed to cook dinner tonight.

Once we got Peggy, we went to a Party store so Peggy could get balloons. She took them to the door, while Bill and I hid. She had the balloons in front of her face and told Judy she had a delivery for "Julie Uelling". Judy asked if she had something she needed to sign and Peggy just kept repeating it until Judy realized it wasn't a normal delivery.

It was pretty funny.

I cooked dinner. I did make the pork roast and risotto. I also made "the bread". For dessert I made a chocolate mousse pie. It was delicious. Peggy made a sensational salad.

Tomorrow is Judy's birthday. I don't know what's in store for the day, but I'm sure it will be fun and full of laughter and memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment