Thursday, January 19, 2012

I was fooled

Around 1:30pm I checked our mailbox. It was still pretty early for our mail to have been delivered, but I thought I'd check.

No mail, yet there were footprints in the snow through our yard. That is a sure sign that the mailman has been here. I had a couple of cards to put out, but since I missed the mailman, they can wait until tomorrow.

It's the rare occasion when we don't get mail, but it does happen. But not often.

Later, I went across the street to deliver a thank-you card to our neighbors. They watched the house, fed the cats and brought in the mail while we were gone last week. I also needed to get the house key back!

When I left, I noticed a second set of footprints in the snow.

Our mailbox was overflowing!

We had at least a dozen pieces of mail.

I think I mistook the first set of footprints as the mailman's when it must have been the meter-reader.

Oh well, the outgoing mail will still wait until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment