Friday, January 20, 2012

Quote for the day

"If you are looking for the love of your life, stop.
He will be waiting for you when you start doing
things you love." -Dave Radparvar

I read that this morning and thought it was profound.

Do you know how Bill and I met?

Playing euchre online.

I don't know if I would go as far as saying I love playing euchre, but I do enjoy it.

We met in November of 1998. Then we met in person on Monday, December 28th.

Bill had just started working at Boat U.S. and I was a junior at S.C.A.D. (Savannah College of Art and Design).

There are lots of quirky, fun stories to tell of our courtship. For instance, Bill proposed to me three times. He will deny ever having proposed at all. He says I called him and told him I had a church and the dress...

I'm pretty sure I wouldn't go buy a dress if there wasn't going to be a wedding...

He had my engagement ring made from his grandmother's diamonds.

We had both given up on finding love.

Which is why I find that quote profound. I'm not saying it happens that way for everyone, but what are you going to lose if you're still looking for love?

No comments:

Post a Comment