Friday, January 27, 2012

my notebook

My life is in the hands of a notebook. When I die, someone will need to know how to cancel all 1,759 of my online accounts.

I am smart enough to have created a different password for every single account I have ever created.

I am not smart enough to remember every single password.

That's where my little notebook comes in handy.

I am in the process of putting every password (and user name when the site dictates) in one place.

You may recall I used to use post-its... until Atticus ate a very important one.

I still used the post-its, I just removed them from my desk top. They were kept safely in a clear, plastic envelope in my desk drawer.

Yes. I have used the "Save Password" on my computer. But what happens when I want to do something on my laptop? Or the iPad? I have to guess my password. And, guess what? I'm usually wrong.

Then, one day, I saw this empty notebook in the drawer. That was when the idea popped into my head. I'll stop sorting through the envelope every time I need a password and keep them all in this "handy-dandy notebook" (thank you Blues Clues)!

Thus began my password notebook journey.

I'm putting them in alphabetically.

Because it will make it easier to find them. Laugh if you want (except I know most of you would do the same thing), but it's going to save me minutes of time in the future!

So, if you are a crook and want to hack into my Midwest Living or Victoria's Secret account, all you have to do is get your crooked little hands (or paws) on my notebook. Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment