Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year

Today is a day we talk about resolutions. I am not good at making resolutions. I think it's the pressure of having to come up with something. I am very good at setting goals for myself throughout the year.

I know, weird.

How is that any different? Try to follow my female mind...

It is the fact that I have an entire year to come up with a resolution, and then the first day of the new year comes and I'm caught off guard. Every year.

I make goals because I do them as they arise. Why wait for the new year when I can set the goal right then and there and work on it?

I was going to blog about making a resolution to not make any resolutions. But then we went to church.

Rev. Gary did not talk about resolution, but rather Epiphany. And how it is the most important holiday in the Christian year. We should keep the light [of Christ] all year, not just during the Christmas season.

As he was preaching, I was slightly distracted by our friend's nine month old. Wes. He's pretty darn cute. And he was very well behaved.

But I was able to pay attention enough and this is what I decided to do: every day for 2012, I am going to light a candle. As I do it every day I will be reminded that Christ is the light, and I carry the light.

Here's to a light-filled 2012 to you and yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment