Tuesday, January 3, 2012

the other things I made

I told you here that I made a couple Christmas gifts and I took pictures of them. But I didn't want to post them just in case the recipients happened upon my blog before they received them.

They opened their gifts the other day, so it's safe for me to post pictures now!

A quick word about my photography skills. I know the lighting is poor. I don't blame my photography or even the simple point-and-shoot camera we own. It's mostly the lack of natural light outside/coming into the house. It is winter in Michigan and that means something like an average of 15 hours of daylight for the entire month. No, I'm not exaggerating (although I wish I were). Plus, being an old house, even though it has windows on all four sides, the windows themselves are covered with curtains because of the frigid temps that go along with that aforementioned lack of sunlight.

Got it?

Okay, here are the photos.

First, this is the lap blanket I made for Jerry (new brother-in-law). He's a big Colts fan, so it's in Colts colors. He got his own blanket because he had been using the one I made for my sister. It was girly, so I thought it might be nice if he had his own (in more manly colors) to wrap up in.
This is the scarf I made for his youngest daughter, Daffney. I was told her favorite color is lime green. This green was the closest thing they had (again, the photo doesn't do it justice).

And this scarf is for her older sister, Chassidy. I was told she likes any color, so I picked this light purple (I know, it looks dark; it isn't) because I like green and purple together. Just so you don't think Skylar was left out, she has a blanket and a scarf that I made for her a few years ago (okay, more than a few). Maybe it's time to make her a new one... I already had Christmas presents for her this year. Maybe next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment