Friday, January 6, 2012

on feelings

On Christmas Day we watched several movies. At one point during a commercial or maybe it was even during a movie (we can't remember), I teared up. Bill turned to me and said, "You feel too much."

It has become one of our running jokes. It breaks the ice. It makes us laugh.

Last night, I was here all by myself. Bill was in Detroit on business.

I made myself a bowl of popcorn and watched a movie I had dvr'd. It was Mitch Albom's, "Have A Little Faith". It was a Hallmark movie. That right there had me ready. The tissues weren't far away. Their commercials have always been known for getting you "right here".

They've changed their commercials. Now they're touching with a bit of humor thrown in. Just as you're about to tear up, they throw in a good laugh.

I appreciate that.

The movie was still a tear-jerker. I thought it was good and I loved catching glimpses of Detroit in the backgrounds.

But then, because I hadn't cried enough, I watched the rest of the Ellen that I missed on Wednesday.

More tears. Her kindness and generosity seems to be endless. She's started helping schools where the majority of the students are on free lunches.

I feel too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment