Friday, February 14, 2014

L, is for the way you look at me...

I think that today is an important day. It's a day that reminds us to love those we care about, and maybe those we don't. It's not just a "Hallmark holiday".

Honestly, I miss making Valentine's and having a shoebox to decorate for school. Maybe I should get crafty. Or would that be weird since we don't have kids?

Bill and I opted to stay at home this year given the day of the week. It's amateur hour out there. All those trying to impress their significant other booked reservations months ago. (No disrespect if you did go out, it's nice to not have to clean the kitchen or wash dishes.) We actually discussed this months ago.   We decided to have a nice dinner here at home. During our last phone conversation, Shannon told me about pork chops marinated in pickle juice. I ran that by Bill as a menu option. It sounded like something we would like. I couldn't figure out what to make as a side, then Bill suggested the Spiced Pear Risotto with Bacon & Pecans (I wrote about it here).

The risotto was better than I remember it. The pork chops were also delicious. They had more pickle flavor then I expected, but were still good.

But I have to say, I'm thankful for the risotto. It's just so good.

And, I'm thankful for being loved.

No comments:

Post a Comment