Sunday, February 16, 2014

the chicken or the egg

Last week, I asked the youth which came first the chicken or the egg.

We had a very interesting discussion.

Without getting into a philosophical debate, and like to just say I'm thankful for both.

We haven't had a big Sunday breakfast for quite awhile. It will likely be a few more weeks before we have the chance to enjoy one again.

This morning, our Sr. High were in charge and led our worship services. They did an amazing job. As our missions director said to me afterward, there may not be the numbers but there sure is quality [in our youth].

Bill helped with the tech side of the services and I attended the 9:15am service. Since I would be dining by myself, I decided to make the best of it.

I have half a loaf of a crusty whole grain bread. I cut off a thick slice, used a biscuit cutter and made a hole in the center and set about to making a bull's eye or an egg in a basket. I had never heard of this until Bill and I lived in Savannah and I had one at an amazing restaurant which sadly no longer exists. They called it a bull's eye, but the other name makes more sense. I have a feeling it depends on what part of the country you're in, as to the preferred name.

Of course I didn't let the center go to waste. Oh no. I spread some Nutella on the disc. Yum!

And, I don't know if it's kitchen cuisine "correct" but I added a slice of Fontina on top of my bull's eye.

It was delectable. I think I may have to make another one tomorrow!

Today, I am thankful for the egg.

No comments:

Post a Comment