Tuesday, February 11, 2014

You got chocolate in my peanut butter

You got peanut butter in my chocolate.

Do you remember that tagline? It was for Reese's Peanut Butter cups in case you don't remember. (No one is paying me to say their name, however I would accept payment in peanut butter cup form.)

Bill is a huge fan of peanut butter cups. I am a huge fan of chocolate.

Back in the fall we had several chocolate bars in the house. One night, he had the brilliant idea to spread peanut butter onto the chocolate bar. We didn't have any peanut butter cups. This was the next best thing.

I couldn't believe that I had never thought to do that.

Then one day I took it a step further. I like peanut butter on graham crackers. And chocolate bars with roasted marshmallows on graham crackers are also good. Since it's winter and we don't have a usable fireplace, I skipped the marshmallow and put peanut butter and chocolate on the graham cracker.

Did I blog about that?

It was delicious.

I'm always searching for new things to eat for lunch when fresh, local fruit is out of season. Last week, it occurred to me that I like rice cakes. I thought I should buy some plain rice cakes and spread peanut butter on them and then I could have something new for lunch.

Did you know they make chocolate rice cakes? Guess what tastes delicious on chocolate rice cakes?

You guessed it. Peanut butter.

Today I am happy that someone decided to grind up peanuts and give us the spreadable treat we call peanut butter.

No comments:

Post a Comment