Sunday, February 9, 2014

maybe not warmer, but more sunny

The south. Which to Michigan folks is everything south of the state line.

I was born in Michigan, but we moved to Indiana when I was seven. When I met Bill he accused me, and everyone in our small Indiana town, of having a "southern" accent. Since I was going to school in Savannah, Georgia aka the real south, I didn't think too much of it.

Flash forward eight or so years and Bill and I move back to Michigan. One of the first visits back to Indiana to see my parents and I realize how much of a southern accent everyone here has. Huh.

Today, I'm thankful for the south. Whether it's the state line or not, it's less snowy and there was even sun shining bright. For our friends who live south who want to know why I didn't call, it's because this is a super quick business trip for Bill. I came along to save postage on a gift/blanket I made for Cyndi and to get a super huge tub of fundraiser laundry detergent from my parents. We'll be gone just over twenty four hours. There wasn't enough time for me to call and let you know that we would be here. Next time, I'll let you know. We'll be here longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment