Monday, April 23, 2012

scarves

I like scarves. I have blogged about a few that I crocheted here. But I don't think I've ever explained my love of scarves.


I don't know when it unofficially started. But officially I started hunting for scarves after our Mediterranean cruise.


In Barcelona, on our way to dinner, we saw a man selling scarves. It seemed the European thing to do, so Jenny picked out a pink scarf and I picked out the bright, lime green scarf. We paid a few Euros for them. From then on I was determined to find scarves for a good bargain.


I bought a silk scarf in Venice. It goes from a light shade of gray to darker.


Then when I was in New York City with the young adults, even though it was May and should have been warm, it was literally freezing. I told Sami if we saw any scarves I wanted to buy one. Sure enough we found them. Well, Sami found them, and much like a cartoon, yanked me into the store. That's where I bought my pink one for $10.


The light blue one came next. Last year in the Atlanta airport I spotted it and bought it on our way home from Savannah. I paid $10.


Then came the dark blue one. This one was purchased by Bill for me for Christmas. It came all the way from Jacques Penney. 

The last two, the gray one in the center and the dark brown one, I just received this last weekend from Jenny. She bought them for me in Doha. 

I've learned how to tie them in a couple of different ways too.

I like scarves.


What colors should I look for next?





No comments:

Post a Comment