Saturday, April 21, 2012

time to start grillin'

It's time to purchase a new grill. Bill is going to use his birthday money because he's the one that uses the grill.

I used a grill once. No, that's not right. I was charged with watching a grill once (a friend in NJ, not Bill, he's smarter than that). Let's just say our burgers were well-done. Well past well-done.

I'm pretty sure I mentioned that we need a new grill in a post at the end of last summer, but since the blog interface (or something technical) has changed, I don't know how to go find it. So you can go search for it, or take my word.

As I was saying; I mentioned last year that our grill was dying (and if I didn't, I meant to). Bill looked into buying replacement parts. But with all things priced accordingly it wasn't made to endure. Now the research begins to find a grill that is made of stainless because we're not buying a cheap new grill every five years. 

Isn't it sad? Yes, we're bringing back manufacturing to the US, but nothing is built to last. 

Just in case I sound extra sassy let me explain that I've been up since 6:30am. That was after a night of little sleep. Two beers are one too many for me in one night. But the bowling, chili dogs and fried pickles were worth it. I also went to Detroit and back; I was there for a luncheon for the Friends of Birmingham Park & Museum (I just got that so wrong, Jenny I'm sorry!) I am so ready for bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment