Saturday, April 28, 2012

Thank you to the men and women who serve our country

I have thanked those who have served our country in previous posts, but it's worth saying again.

Thank you for your service. Thank you for giving your time and yourself (well-being, mental state, and sometimes life).

We celebrated the homecoming of one of our servicemen today. His family held an open house and we stopped by for awhile. He had pictures of his tour in Afghanistan. Bill could identify all of the planes in the pictures. Pete is in the Air Force and is an aircraft mechanic. 

I'm impressed by anyone in the service. This includes several former high school classmates as well as family. I have a special place in my heart for the Air Force specifically. Sort of like cars and their brands, military "people" tend to have their favorite branch. I "chose" the Air Force because my dad served in this branch, as did my in-laws and at least one aunt and uncle (I know others served, I'm just not positive in which branch).

Thank you. You are brave and are our heroes. God Bless each and every one of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment