Saturday, April 7, 2012

A Lent filled with preparation

Advent is all about preparing.

Today felt sort of like Advent.

After meeting 4/5 of the Robinson family (Leslie, Chris, Olivia and Grant) we had to run to the store. Bill left his suit hanging on the back of our bedroom door. Mom and Dad had gone to the grocery store.

I frosted the white buttermilk cake with buttercream frosting and topped it with shredded coconut. I cannot wait to eat a piece of this cake.

Then I made the au gratin potatoes for tomorrow's dinner.

Finally, I assembled the breakfast casserole. That is going to the church in the morning (I know, why else is it called "breakfast" and I used my least favorite word). There will be breakfast after the Sunrise Service, we'll be attending breakfast but not the service. We will all go to the 10am service.

Mom made a carrot and gelatin mold dish... It's orange. I don't eat it.

She also "stuffed" the eggs for the hunt, boiled the eggs for the devil (well, they're called Deviled eggs) and I created a Scavenger Hunt to hide a gift for Cyndi.

See? That was all a lot of preparation for Easter.

We also stopped by the hospital. Uncle Bill got to hold Spencer for the first time. Both did really well!

The four of us went to dinner.

Then Leah stopped by on her way to her mom's. Her birthday is tomorrow. She had two over-tired, active yet still cute children with her; Logan and Eliza.

But now we wait. It's almost over. Tomorrow the Son will rise.

No comments:

Post a Comment