Thursday, April 26, 2012

another food post

I made some Creamy Carrot Soup tonight.

I actually made a lot of Creamy Carrot Soup.

I had a 3 pound bag of carrots that tasted different than the other bags of carrots I've bought. My reasoning is that these weren't organic. I really could taste a difference.

So what better way to use them then in a soup? 

It's a pretty easy soup and you can eat it warm or cold.

I had to freeze half of it because I used all the carrots (the recipe only calls for 1 1/2 pounds). I doctored it up a bit too. I added mascarpone cheese and a secret ingredient. I'm not going to tell you until Bill tries it. It's nothing scary and I found another recipe that used it, so I thought, why not? I also used thyme and a dash of celery salt. It's pretty tasty. It needs croutons. 

I'll make more croutons tomorrow.

The other night I made pancakes in order to use up the Bisquick that I had in the cupboard. I stuck the pancakes in the freezer.

Yes, I made pancakes just to stick in the freezer.

I'm weird that way.

But tonight I thought those pancakes would be good with the homemade chocolate hazelnut spread I have. So I am going to try that for breakfast tomorrow. I'll let you know how it tastes.

No comments:

Post a Comment