Monday, April 2, 2012

Another Spring Break with Skylar!

As you know, Skylar is here visiting again during her Spring Break.

Today, we went to Meijer Gardens with my friend Nancy.

We were all wearing fleece zip-ups and so we had to take a picture of that.

Here's one of the many, many butterflies that were out and about. We got there early, a very wise decision on our part, and so not only was the place not crowded but the butterflies were everywhere!

But my camera battery wasn't charged (I spent the weekend taking pictures of the new nephew...) so I didn't get as many as Nancy. But she promises she'll share. In the meantime here are the pictures I took that are good enough to make the blog!

This is a Clear Wing butterfly. It was in the butterfly house, so the plexi-glass is reflecting the tropical plants behind me. It turned out to be a pretty neat photo!

Butterflies just chillin'.

Skylar and Aunt Em.

Skylar wanted a picture of the Quail that also live in the Conservatory.

This is not a screen saver. This is a picture I took of the flowers out in the English Garden. I'm pretty proud of it. I'm guessing they're a type of Daffodil. Anyone know?

And here are the beautiful Hyacinths.

No comments:

Post a Comment