Friday, April 27, 2012

t-shirts and tags

I have a t-shirt that is pretty old. It may actually be older than me. I have to ask my parents if they remember where and when they got it. I think they got it from my grandparents when they went to a trade show. My grandparents owned a small electronics shop in Niles, Michigan.

The shirt says "Built to Move, Road-Rated Receivers, Craig".

I don't know anything about the Craig brand and wonder if they're still around. Yes, I could do a quick google search, but frankly I don't think I care enough right now.

The point is the tag in the shirt. Have you noticed how much our tags have changed? Many clothes are tagless. Most have symbols, which I don't understand. This t-shirt that is easily from the 1980's has a tag that, get this, is only written in English.

Shocking.

Plus, the best part, it was made in the U.S.A. and actually has the address of the Ohio company that made it.

It's like a piece of history. 

Maybe it belongs in a museum.

At any rate, I thought that was cool and wanted to share that with you.

If you read my post yesterday, I mentioned I had a secret ingredient in the carrot soup. We've eaten dinner, so I can share the secret with you now; it was honey. Just a tablespoon or so. I didn't measure, I just squeezed in an amount close to that. You can't taste it, but I think it helps cut the otherwise overwhelming carrot flavor. 

No comments:

Post a Comment