Wednesday, April 25, 2012

waxing poetic on sunrises and other things

You can accomplish a lot in one day when you wake up at five o'clock in the morning.

Yes. I woke up at that hour on purpose.

Bill has been in Detroit since Monday (he made it home safely this afternoon) and he couldn't have another absence at his BNI (networking) group. He asked if I would be his substitute. I said sure, because I'm nice that way. But his group is the Holland chapter. That's a forty minute drive. 

The meetings start at 7am.

That meant in order for me to be on time, I needed to leave the house by 6:15am and that meant I had to be up at 5am.

The drive over was fine. It's always a surprise to see how many people are up and out on the roads at that time. 

The sun came up in my rear view mirror on the way over. It was one of those indescribable scenes.

The rose color touching the clouds all the way across the sky. The pastels streaking across the pale blue sky. 

 Gorgeous.

The rest of the day was cloudy and later it even rained. 


But before I get to the end of the day, I wanted to wax poetic on those tabs in folders meant to hold business cards.


You know the ones. The four diagonal slits where you tuck in the corners of the business card.


Who decided that was a good idea? 


You have to "pop" them open before placing the card in the slots. Now business cards are typically printed on heavy cardstock weight paper. The kind of which doesn't fold or bend easily.

That is until you try to stick it into those four little tabs. Then you wind up bending the card. 


It's a vicious cycle. 


No. None of that was poetic, thanks for paying attention though.


Now it's the end of the day. Time to relax and enjoy Bill's company.

No comments:

Post a Comment