Friday, September 30, 2011

sleeping through anything

I am going to sleep through the apocalypse. I just wanted you to know.

I sleep through anything.

Apparently the storm that came through last night was so bad, entire trees are down. Just down the street, a very large branch snapped off the tree.

I had no idea. I slept through the howling wind, crashing thunder and who knows what else.

I've slept through a fire alarm in college.

I slept through a Police chase that was right in front of our house (our neighbor told us about that).

I'm convinced that I would sleep through a herd of elephants running through my room too. But I don't want to test that theory. I'll just trust my history.

You may be jealous, if you're a light sleeper. You wake up at every little sound. The fridge kicks on, you wake up. The street light hums, it keeps you awake. The wind blows, you hear it. Let me point this out to you: you don't need to fear sleeping through your demise. Or sleeping through a tree falling on (or near) your house (or car). Me? Well, I don't fear that, I just accept it as the reality that it is.

What have you slept through (or been awakened by)? I'm curious...

No comments:

Post a Comment