Saturday, September 3, 2011

pork, beans, and corn

Dinner was fantastic. Bill made his ribs. The ones where he gets up at 6:30a and makes a dry rub. The ones where he makes homemade sauce (say it with a Jersey accent, saw - ss). The ones that taste divine. They're amazing.

I made homemade baked beans (a recipe given to me by Shannon). I adjusted it tonight and it worked. A can of lima beans (the only way Bill and I will eat them), kidney beans, and butter beans. The recipe calls for a can of pork and beans. But I decided why not just try a can of northern beans? It works and there are still plenty of beans (oh my goodness there are beans leftover). I didn't adjust the sauce I made, and even thought it wasn't thick like a pork and beans out of a can, it was still good.

The corn on the cob was delicious. And none of us had anything to do with that other than knowing which stand has the best corn at the Farmer's Market and Mom helping me husk it.

And that was dinner. We're too stuffed to do anything now. Although it appears that storms are springing up all around us. The Tigers game just got rained out. The Notre Dame game got rained out. No rain here. Not yet anyway. Weather Man Bill has given us his predictions (that's my Bill, not the news Bill. And my Bill has done a better job than any of the other weather people on the news). We shall see what the weather actually brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment