Monday, September 12, 2011

Monday was a blur

I can't wait to get back to my normal routine. I miss it. I miss my daily walks. I haven't taken a walk now since last Monday.

I did make it to the grocery store. I enjoy going to the store. Apparently I have an odd gene. Not many people I know enjoy this "chore". I don't think of it as a chore. Sometimes, when my schedule is hectic, I find it a little nerve-racking. But typically I enjoy it.

I know. I'm odd.

I especially like my routine of going on Tuesday mornings. I know the clerks who works at the registers. I know the greeter at the door. I even see a couple of fellow shoppers (a little old man and his wife are my favorite, we've chatted in line several times, they liked my pink hair).

It's mostly quiet. I go in the morning, before it gets too busy. That usually means waiting in line, but I've heard it's good to let your mind wander, as mine does, while doing mundane tasks. Of course, it's when I'm standing in line that I often realize I have no coupons with me. Ugh.

But today was different. It was Monday and I had to get the shopping done today. Tomorrow I'm meeting Heather W. (which I'll likely blog about tomorrow). Did you know Monday is "screaming child day"? If you're a parent, I'm so sorry. And I'm sure that your children don't scream like the ones did today. The one girl sounded like she was being tortured. I think between the screams she was yelling, "get me out!". So I'm guessing she didn't want to be strapped into the cart.

Apparently Monday mornings bring screaming children. I don't think I've tuned screaming children out. I certainly couldn't tune them out this morning.

Tuesdays are better. I like Tuesday shopping.

1 comment:

  1. I AGREE WITH EVERYTHING YOU JUST SAID!!!!! I always try to do the bulk of my grocery shopping on Tuesday mornings, or at least before the kids get out of school. Instead, I had to go yesterday (Monday) to get stuff for Patrick's chili and it was the WORST experience! Everyone was nasty, shelves were picked over and yes, the screamers. One kid was screaming so loudly I almost called DCFS. I was being abused by the sound of their voice.

    ReplyDelete