Wednesday, September 7, 2011

"A" is for apples and they're back


Late summer means some of the best fruits and vegetables are fresh (editor's note: you may disagree with me and that is okay, these are my favorites and since this is my blog, I can say things like this). Corn is one of them. Apples are another.

One of my all-time favorite lunches consists of fresh apples with peanut butter. Mom and I went to Robinette's so she could get peaches. They had an early harvest apple, whose name I have forgotten... (Mom, what kind are they?) We bought a bag and split it. They're very good. And I'm super happy to be eating apples with my lunch again.

I've also decided that today is the day I meet my quota for my fruit servings. Like a years worth, in one day, today. I had oj for breakfast, watermelon and blueberries for a snack, banana bread and the aforementioned apple. I'm feeling like I should go squeeze some lemon into my water just to balance it out.

I should point out that for dinner last night, I made a harvest soup. It had an onion, a leek, a butternut squash, carrots, a potato and an apple in it (and it's so good). It's perfect for this lovely late summer weather.

Who knows what dinner holds, hopefully a salad with some tomato and olives...

No comments:

Post a Comment