Friday, May 27, 2011

status update

This would have been my facebook status had I not realized how long it was. I decided it would make for a better blog.

It's Friday of a holiday weekend. I have a new car that is fantastic to drive (her name is Rosie btw, for Rosie the Riveter of WWII because she's Steel Blue -that's how my mind works), with a moon roof on a gorgeous, sunny day. I went to the Farmer's Market for the first time this season with Stephanie from the Nashville trip. I bought beautiful flowers that I can't wait to get outside and plant tomorrow when our friend Heather W. comes to visit. I'm working (after I blog this) and listening to the Police Scanner live online (it might be an addiction). It's going to be a great weekend!

See? that would have been an awfully long status. And it gave me something to blog about today. I really do like the way my new car drives (Mom, you should let Dad take you to drive a Ford. I think you could afford the Fusion and you'd like it). I'm also really addicted to the Police Scanner. It's so much fun to listen to. Who knew? (Okay, the people who listen to it knew). Is this dorky/nerdy/weird? If you think it is, try it. Google "police scanner [for your city]" (or nearest city or whatever city you want to listen to). They are entertaining. Here they call in to the hospitals as though making reservations at restaurants, "Party of three for Butterworth". (That's one of our hospitals.) Only, of course, when it's not a real emergency. I have no idea what all the numbers mean, except when it's the time. I've figured out it's code and their assigned numbers. I'm not good with numbers. But how cool would it be to be the dispatcher? That would be an intense job. Much like Air Traffic controllers. Stressful too. I'm sure it makes more sense on their end (dispatchers), but on my end it's controlled chaos. I am enjoying listening to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment