Sunday, May 8, 2011

Pancakes and Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day to all moms. I tried making a list of family and friends and then feared I might miss someone! So to all the women in my life who have given me guidance, patience, love and have taught me how to be a better person, I wish you the best day!

I also want to write about our breakfast this morning. I found a new pancake recipe that I decided to combine with my other pancake recipe. Yes, I made from-scratch pancakes with homemade syrup (that does not involve tapping a maple tree, it involves dissolving brown sugar in water, pretty simple and my mom always made homemade syrup). It seems that pancakes and Mother's Day go together like chocolate and peanut butter. So even though I'm not a mom, nor had a mom here visiting, we had pancakes. And they were good.

No comments:

Post a Comment