Saturday, April 19, 2014

Saturday

I'm on vacation. If it weren't for these posts, I wouldn't even know what day it is.

It was a busy Saturday is what it was.

First, I made the homemade cinnamon rolls.

It's a good thing I cut the recipe in half, because it still made six pans full of cinnamon rolls. That's okay, they are delicious. The house smelled of cinnamon.

Until I put the pork in the oven. 

Since it had to bake for six hours Bill, Heather, and I went to Hoover Dam.
This is where I wish I had blogged earlier, but I don't even know if blogs existed when we were here in 2001.
That is so long ago. Anyway, we were here in 2001. We took the dam tour with Don and Judy.
We did not take the tour today. We just walked across the dam into Arizona. And we took pictures from the dam.
The last time we were here, this bridge did not exist. It was pre 9/11 by just a few weeks. We were visiting Vegas for our one year anniversary. Which is in August. Which meant it was hot. Ridiculous hot. I don't know if I've blogged this before, but "they" say it's a dry heat. Whatever. 110 degrees is still hot. I passed out on that trip because of heat exhaustion. Drink a lot of water if you ever visit the desert.

When we left the dam, we stopped at the scenic Lake Mead overlook. It was very pretty. Then we drove over to Hemenway Park in Boulder City and saw the Big Horn Sheep.
They decided to be camera shy and run away from us. But I caught a couple of them in digital form.
This is at Hemenway Park for a sunrise service tomorrow. Lake Mead is behind it. How beautiful of a setting is that?

When we got back to the house we ate the spicy pulled pork sandwiches. They were spicy and amazing.

Then I baked Bill's birthday cake, the peanut butter sheet cake with chocolate frosting. Pictures will be posted tomorrow.

I'm sitting outside, writing this at 8pm. It is still 80 degrees. It looks like it's going to be a clear night.

I'm not writing that to brag, I'm writing it as a statement of record for future reference. Heather is into genealogy and she tells me over and over that writing as much detail as possible is important to future generations. 

Anyway, I'm thankful for the the amazing construction of the dam. It is truly remarkable. 

No comments:

Post a Comment