Friday, April 11, 2014

Peanuts! Get Your Peanuts!

I'm in a Bible study/book club/group. We formed last year during Lent. We enjoyed each other's company so much that once we were finished with the Lenten study, we decided to continue to meet.

We met through the summer, once a month. We met at parks and each other's houses.

We continued meeting through the fall and winter.

We found books and articles to read. We shared our thoughts and perspectives.

Then, Lent came around again and our church was reading another book. Were we interested? We decided yes and we started meeting again, weekly.

We've decided to continue meeting weekly because if you have to miss a meeting, you don't have to wait another month before seeing everyone again.

This morning was our last meeting for the Lenten series.

I had one of the kids on my lap. She had asked for the container of peanuts.

Before any of us knew it, she had dumped them out on the table. There was no way she was going to eat all of them and her mom quickly decided to go with the mantra, "let it go".

The peanuts were put back into the container, only to be dumped out again. This went on for the rest of the discussion.
Here she is, only she has a cookie which was the size of her head. Isn't she a cutie patootie?

At the end, I asked if I could help her put them all back into the container or if she wanted to do it all by herself. She said I could help her and together we got all the peanuts put away. I was proud of myself for giving her the choice of how to put them away, and I was proud of her for doing a good job getting them back into the container. And I was thankful to share that moment with her.

Anybody want a peanut?

No comments:

Post a Comment