Monday, May 14, 2012

the year of the scavenger...

...hunt, that is. 

When Spencer was born, Cyndi missed her own baby shower. I took lots of pictures, Jerry opened the gifts and Skylar helped. Mom took care of the food. Then, to capture what she missed, I made a photo book for her. When I gave it to her, I decided just handing her a gift wasn't fun; so I created a scavenger hunt. That was on Easter Sunday.

Yesterday, we celebrated Skylar's upcoming thirteenth birthday. She has asked for a telescope for the last two years. Mom, Dad, Bill and I found one and got it for her. But again, just giving it to her wouldn't be fun (plus, have you ever tried to wrap an assembled telescope? It's not easy). Mom asked if I could make up a scavenger hunt for her, which of course I said I could. I worked on it and came up with thirteen clues. Appropriate since she's turning thirteen. Okay, so I had planned that all along. This time I worked hard to rhyme the clues.


Yes, I was quite proud of myself.

I'm just giving all of my friends and family, and anyone who might expect a gift from me, that you might also expect a scavenger hunt to go along with it. I'm just saying.

No comments:

Post a Comment