Friday, May 11, 2012

going for a grand

I'm doing it. I'm going for 1,000 posts. This is number 699 (excluding drafts).Which means I will have to continue posting at least for part of another year. 


Why? You ask.


I don't know. I like goals. They give me something to aim for (isn't that the point?) and they keep me busy. Why not?


I have tons to keep talking about. 


For instance; I'm going to start going through all my "stuff". Instead of holding onto these treasures that mean only something to me, I'm going to take a picture and then blog about it. If it's worth anything, I'm willing to sell it. If it's not, it's going to be given away.


Can you tell recently I've read that Bible verse about "treasures in heaven"? You can't take it with you, so why hold onto it? 


Besides isn't my "junk" someone else's treasure?


I'm sure most of what I have will end up recycled. It's not worth to be anyone's treasure.


Let's be honest, what good is it doing taking up space in the attic?


See? It's another goal. 


You have that to look forward to. 


Here's a picture of a treasure that I never brought home.


Skylar and I painted pottery two years ago. I painted this, it was a coaster. I was super excited about it. It took a long time. I knew after it was fired it would glow like a stained glass window.


Alas, sometimes things in the kiln don't fire properly. This was one of those times. Inexplicably, the paint didn't stick and flaked off in paint chips (don't eat them, they may contain lead, click here for that story). The paint-your-own-pottery story gave me credit for a new piece but what they couldn't give me back was time. All the time I had spent in each individual mosaic. And then getting the black paint between the raised edges... 


What I painted instead was a food bowl for Atticus. I was going to post pictures, but don't have them on the laptop. Really? Are you surprised? It's my sad story and I'm sticking to it. I'll get pictures of the bowl up next week. I've been waiting. I'll explain why when I post the pictures.


Mystery. Intrigue. I've got it all... in my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment