Wednesday, May 9, 2012

random stream of consciousness

Bill said to me earlier, "you are the busiest, unemployed person... I don't know if that's good or bad..."

I had my last day of tutoring today. Then I walked over to Wealthy Street Bakery for some Focaccia bread. It's for lunch tomorrow. Before I left for tutoring, I baked Vanilla Rich Chip cupcakes. The recipe was on the Vanilla Extract box. It sounded yummy, so instead of making the cake as it actually calls for, I made cupcakes. I did not make the suggested Vanilla Glaze but instead made Buttercream Frosting. How can you go wrong with Buttercream Frosting?

After lunch, I finally sat down to check my email.

Then, after our walk and my various other exercises, I picked up Molly and we went to Jersey Junction. I haven't been there yet this season! I think that is a terrible thing. But I've been there and other then the prices going up, nothing has changed. 

Our house smelled just like Jersey Junction today because of the cupcakes (JJ often smells like fresh waffle cones because they made their waffle cones fresh). 

Molly and I went to the Sparks service at the Vine after ice cream. The Sparks service is a laid-back service geared toward our young adults who can't always make it to church on Sunday. Sami, Iain and Laura lead it and I have helped when I can. The Wednesday night Young Adult group meets almost every Wednesday, but they dedicate one night a month to the service. 

When I got home from that, I frosted the cupcakes. Then I realized I never made granola, so I baked up a batch of that too. I also talked to my mom and did the dishes.

It was while I was doing the dishes that I realized I hadn't blogged yet.

There is more to blog about.

I have, in my possession, a first edition copy of "The Neverending Story".  Kayla (from the Young Adult group) is letting me borrow it. She had a reprint, but couldn't find it. I am geeked that she is letting me (ie trusting me) to borrow this copy. I trust myself. But I don't know if I owned this copy, that I would trust anyone. 


I also returned the copy of "Blue Like Jazz" to Laura. I really liked that book and could go on and on about it. I had it on my long list of books to read, so now I can cross it off. I find myself referencing it. I think Donald Miller did a spectacular job writing this book. I highly recommend it to anyone and everyone. No matter your faith or religion. 


Now it's time for bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment