Sunday, March 11, 2012

the clocks

Today is one of my least favorite days. Least of all because we lose one hour. But mostly because the majority of people who use the English language are making DST plural when it shouldn't be. I don't know why it bothers me, but it does. Once I was taught the proper way to say it I realized how many people were saying it wrong and how many people just didn't care.

So here's to longer days, animals who don't care what time they get fed, losing an hour of sleep, changing all of your clocks, and "saving" time.

My original thought was about changing clocks. So many of our clocks change for us. I remember when we used to have to change all of our clocks. As technology continues to move us forward it seems that there is less and less for us to do. Some think that's advancing, others think it's laziness. I would be happier if all the clocks read the same time in my house.

Why?

Because in the kitchen alone there are four clocks. And no matter how hard we try, they are all off by one minute. Probably because there are just two of us, and since we're not synchronized swimmers or anything, we aren't coordinated enough to set the clocks at exactly the same time. But we don't need those clocks because the other eight clocks in the house that are magically set by technology keep track of time for us. Yes, down to the minute.

I lost an hour of sleep last night. So I'll stop rambling. Or else I might go on all day about our clocks.

No comments:

Post a Comment