Wednesday, March 14, 2012

photos from Philly

First are the photos from the historic St. George's UMC. We attended church service there Sunday morning.
It was rich in history (check out their website) and records show that John Adams, Benjamin Franklin, Betsy Ross and Dolly Madison attended worship there!

After church, we went to lunch at Gigi's (no pictures). Then we headed to the historic downtown. we saw the Liberty Bell...
And Independence Hall.

Sami got us tickets for the tour, so we headed over for our history lesson!Here is the room where they signed the Constitution (and where the Continental Congress met, for all you history buffs).

This is Walnut Street and these are for my dad. Okay, which building was GA??





I was going to ask the National Park Service Guide, but he had only worked there for one year...

I took a picture of the Corn Exchange because what city is complete without the Corn Exchange building!?

Then we went over to Betsy Ross' house so Iain could check on his tulips. He planted them on a mission trip years ago, they were still there! And almost ready to bloom!!

I kept experimenting with the sepia and black and white settings on the camera. I wanted to make the places we saw look older... since they are.

I don't think this is the original flag that Betsy Ross sewed, but it's a nice replica!

From downtown, we got back in the vans and headed to the Museum of Art, more famously known as the steps Rocky ran up. Here's my view from the top!

And my view as the sun finally peaked out from behind the clouds.

And that's it. Those are all the photos I took.

No comments:

Post a Comment