Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Wednesday in Philly

Together both groups went to Philabundance. A food bank that serves nine counties in the Philly area (including New Jersey). We packed Emergency boxes. They are for a family of four and are packed to last three days. They have an awesome assembly line. The average boxes packed is 750. We packed 840. There were several other groups there to help. The people who work the assembly line were very kind and patient with us.

From there we went and ate lunch at Fairmount Park. It was a nice day. We had fun playing frisbee, and whispering on the whispering bench.

Our group headed to Fellowship House (Camp Peace) one last time. Najae was not there, so I wrote her a note to say goodbye. I helped Tanijah with her homework. She had a sheet that said, "We need one ___." She was supposed to draw a picture underneath it. She told me she was going to say "God". I asked her how she was going to draw a picture of God. She pointed at the wall of drawings that they had made and said, "I already drew Him." I was amazed at her wisdom. Of course it's possible for a five year old to know what God looks like!

From there we went to Jim's to eat an authentic Philly cheese steak (they were voted best in Philly). I must admit, I thought it was better (I also ordered mine with mayo). We had time to wander around South Street. Then we came back and debriefed.

We're going to pack the vans at 6:30am tomorrow. I'm blogging so I can pack up my computer. I hope you all enjoyed reading about our adventures. I hope they made sense (I'm still sleep deprived). Keep us in your prayers tomorrow as we drive home.

No comments:

Post a Comment