Wednesday, June 29, 2011

my new pants

I had a pair of linen capri's that were given to me by my mother-in-law. Let's see, that would have been several years ago, I don't think it was in 2006 (?) when we surprised her for her 65th birthday. It was probably the time before that which was just a quick trip in September of 2005 (?)... wow, I cannot remember. That is not good. At any rate, I really think it was the September trip, whether that was in 2005 or not, it was hotter there than I had packed for (really, it was Vegas. What did I expect?) so Mom gave me this pair of capri's. They were fantastic. I started using them in the summers as my "walking pants". They were baggy, had deep pockets (for the house key, iPod and phone), they were cool, as in temperature and letting my skin breathe, and they were comfortable.

I wore them once or twice this year before realizing there was the beginning of a hole starting to form. Um, it was in the crotch area, I really have no idea how that part of pants gets worn, but there it was. And then it just ripped open. I happened to be out gardening. Good thing the pants were baggy.

So I had to replace them. I've realized now that I really need a pair (really? Why do we call pants/shorts/jeans/trousers/etc a "pair"???) of shorts. "Running/Walking" shorts. Workout shorts. Like what we just bought for Bill.

I happened to be on the Victoria's Secret website one day and happened to find a pair of linen capri's, sorry, they call them "cargo crops". I did not buy them.

Then Bill went to workcamp, and I was left alone. I thought about those linen cargo crops. I thought it would be nice to have another pair of linen cargo crops to replace my linen capri's. I bought them. And I bought a pair of linen cargo pants too. They're on back-order, but the cargo crops came and after washing them, I am wearing them. They're wonderful. I'm not a clothes connoisseur, but I don't belong on What Not to Wear either. They're perfect for summer.

Now here's the best part. See the belt in the picture? I had forgotten about that when they arrived. I opened them and tried them on. Then I went to wash them. I read the instructions, "remove belt". Wait? Where's the belt? I checked and it does say a belt is included. I checked all the packaging, but there was no belt. I called and spoke with a very nice man. I explained the situation and he informed me that they come from the factory that way (with the belt). So someone forgot to put the belt in with my pants. He told me I could send this pair back and he would re-ship a new pair to me, at no extra-charge. Well, I've been looking forward to getting these pants, so I told him no thank you. That is very nice, but too much hassle. Had they been able to send the belt separate, I wouldn't have minded. He offered again, and again I told him it wasn't a big deal. I didn't need the belt, I just thought it was worth a shot to call and see if they could send it. Then he told me, for being so kind he would issue me a $5.00 gift certificate.

Oops, I have to back up and let you know that I got both pants for less than $40.00 total and had a free shipping offer. Now I have a $5.00 g.c. and a $10.00 coupon that came with the pants. I'm so happy!! I need pants and shorts. And instead of spending tons of money, I'm saving tons!!

2 comments:

  1. this is funny. glad you got new pants/shorts, but it is funny that of all the places, Victoria Secret AND they gave you a gift card and coupons. to me, they rank right up there with At&T...worst customer service. good job to you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's interesting, I've not had any problems with them before (I refuse to shop at the store in Woodland though). I may have a slight addiction to V.S. These were the first pants I ever bought from them. I've bought plenty of shirts and under garments. :)

    ReplyDelete