Friday, June 3, 2011

It's Friday, one more day of Conference

I told you yesterday that I'm waiting until Conference is over to give you a brief overview (don't worry it will be uber brief because I have not been taking notes). If you care to watch tomorrow you can find it live, online at the West Michigan Conference's website. If you are that bored, instead come to my house and clean it since I will be sitting at Conference. Trust me, you'd rather wait for my overview (or you can read the minutes which I think are also available online, if you're into that kind of thing).

A lot has been going on at Conferences all around the world. We will have to wait to see the outcome of some petitions at General Conference next April. It could be church changing (in a good, forward thinking way) or it could keep us stuck where we are. Not moving forward, losing more members and standing around scratching our heads wondering why.

Since I am literally minutes away from the place where our Conference is being held (at Calvin College, if you're a UM, you might find that amusing) I am not staying for dinners.This also means I'm saving our church money! Bill had dinner waiting for me tonight, and after we ate we took a ride in the 'Vette. I'm guessing he blogged about it, but since I don't know I will go ahead and tell you that he got it fixed today. We had broken the shocks (again, if he blogged about it, he'll have more detail/info) driving down our lovely downtown streets. It has sat in the garage for at least a month. Bill took matters into his own hands and took it in today. It was nice to go back out for a drive. Even if that meant I had to skip a walk. I think I'll survive because I've been parking in the furthest lot from the Arena and have logged a minimum of 2 miles every day. Now we just have to go watch the sunset one night this summer...

No comments:

Post a Comment