Sunday, June 26, 2011

berry stained fingers

I have berry stained fingers.

Mom and Dad gave me fresh picked black raspberries, I have now purchased thirteen quarts of strawberries and sixteen ounces of blueberries. Mom and I made seven jars of strawberry jelly while I was there last weekend. The rest have been frozen or eaten. I ate the raspberries in my yogurt this past week. The blueberries were baked into a Blueberry Crumb Cake as a thank you to Nancy for all her help on Friday. (And yes, I realize the photo is red raspberries, I'm on my laptop and this is a picture from the Farmer's Market that happened to be on here.)

I noticed that my fingers have a purple tinge along the nail. I've used a scrub (sea salt), washed with soap, had my hands in dishwater and there's still a slight tint. Oh well. I decided this is the new look for the city girl/Farmer's Market shopper/at home baker.

Bill made it home with the youth group last night. They skidded into the parking lot at exactly 7:05pm, which is what the GPS said earlier in the day. Well done! They all have that unshowered God glow about them (if you've ever gone on a mission trip, you know exactly what I'm talking about). Bill has mounds of laundry that he has threatened to burn, but has managed to get some of it in the washing machine. We just had breakfast with all of them (because spending an entire 24 hours away from each other is more than they can handle) and now we're just going to enjoy the beautiful day outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment