Saturday, August 23, 2014

Cruisin'

We went out for a ride in the Corvette. It's the Metro Cruise!

I didn't blog about it last year, but I did the year before.

Here are pictures I took last year.

I guess I was too busy with my fancy camera and I wasn't blogging every day.

It seemed as though there were fewer classic cars out this year. But we still got waves, and compliments, and fingers pointing at us (in a good way). It's always fun.

It was the first time I've ridden in the 'Vette this summer.

While we were headed west, toward home, through my sunglasses I spotted a rainbow between two clouds. I pulled my sunglasses down to see if it was visible without them. It was. I pointed it out to Bill. He saw it too.

I marveled at how small it was and how it was barely visible. If we hadn't been going slow because of all the traffic, would we have seen it? How many other people noticed it? 

It was a rare glimpse of beauty in an evening sky. 

It was a reminder to stop and smell the roses. 

It is something to be thankful for.

No comments:

Post a Comment