Monday, August 18, 2014

the results

My official time was 30:58. My pace was 9:57. Under ten minutes. That is so great. I couldn't be more proud.

The people who did it in fifteen or twenty minutes, good for them. Don't rain on my parade though. I ran it in thirty minutes and that is good enough for me.

I was going to go back and look to see if I ever wrote about why I started running in the first place. I didn't get the chance, so in a nutshell I'll recap.

In high school, I could run the mile in twenty minutes. Mind you that was something like twenty laps around the gym and was the most horrendous task I had ever done. I would have rather mopped the floor.

Twenty minutes, I knew I could walk the mile faster then that.

Before I turned thirty, I had been walking almost daily. One day, I felt like running. I started out just running to the corner. But quickly added blocks. I finally came to the conclusion that I should try running a mile since I couldn't really do it in high school. After I could run one mile, I sort of kept going.

Then I made it my goal to run 5k. For a year I have been running that distance. Now it's official and I ran my first race.

That is why I'm so proud.

Sorry for gloating, but it is my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment