Thursday, August 7, 2014

Thursday

I'm working on our playlist for tomorrow. While I wait for my phone to sync, I'll tell you about today.

We went to Meijer Gardens! (The Arts Alive Campers and the Jr. High.)

I let them take pictures with our camera. I haven't even looked through them yet to see how many selfies there are. That's going to be interesting…

We walked around the sculpture park before eating lunch. Then we had a workshop and we explored the wetlands. We found all of the things on our scavenger hunt. The things we were to look for were:
butterflies
birds
duckweed
turtles
feathers
footprints
muskrat
dead wood
dragonflies
frogs
cattails
ducks

Yes, we saw all of those! Plus a few extra (see photos below). I don't know which student found the muskrat, but it was happily chomping away at some food and we (thirty or so 4th-9th graders plus adults) managed to check him out. If I didn't know better, I'd think it was a pet and they planted him there.

I snapped a couple of pictures on my phone.
 Here are the swans.
And here are a few of my students rolling down the hill en masse. Until they all crashed into each other. At which point they all got up, stumbled around for a few seconds until one of them yelled, "let's do it again!" and they all ran back up the hill.

No comments:

Post a Comment