Saturday, March 22, 2014

Pizza and Pop

Before we went bowling for Spencer's 2nd birthday, we went and ate dinner at Cool River Pizza. If any of you are in Indiana reading this, you should go check it out. It's some pretty good pizza.

Cyndi recommended the double stacked cheese bread which was gooey with cheese. They bring you cheese and marinara for dipping. They'll even bring you ranch if you are into that sort of thing. It turns out, Cyndi and I are. Ranch!

For the first time in a very long time, I had coca-cola. Pizza and coke. There's not too much of a better combo.

Pretzels and beer.

Cheese and wine.

Milk and cookies.

Pizza and coke.

See? I can only come up with four. And I don't think that first one really counts. I don't know that I've ever eaten pretzels with beer. I've had beer with a burger. I've had beer with onion rings. I've had beer with pizza. I just don't hear many people talking about a good combo like beer and (fill in the blank).

Back to the pizza. I would say I'm something of a pizza connoisseur. I've had pizza in New York City (that is legit stuff out there), I've had deep dish pizza in Chicago, I've had REAL pizza in Naples, Italy (more legit than NYC based on history and that it really is that good), I've had greasy, run-of-the-mill pizza at late-night parties, I've had burnt pizza, stuffed crust pizza and every kind of pie in between. The second best pizza to our experience in Naples happens to be in our own backyard.

Not literally.

In Grand Rapids. Harmony Brewing Company is making their own pizzas and they are the best we've had since Naples. I'll say it again and again.

Harmony has the best pizza second only to pizza from Naples, Italy.

On a weekly basis, we eat pizza at youth group. It's okay. But there are times that I've had too much of that pizza and the thought of one more slice makes me want to gag.

When I can experience other pizza it's a nice departure from the norm. Cool River Pizza delivered (ha, pun not intended only because we dined in) on the flavor department. The toppings were plentiful, the seasonings were just right, the sauce wasn't too sweet or too spicy and it was gooey with cheese. I should tell you, we ordered the Cool Chicken Ranch pizza and the Everything But the Veggies pizza.

I'm thankful for all the different kinds of pizza this country has to offer. I'm also thankful that Cool River Pizza didn't disappoint and, for me, knocked it out of the ballpark.

No comments:

Post a Comment